We submitted our best and final offer on a rental property last week (check out this post for more details on the potential deal) and heard back this week from the bank who owned the house.
As it turns out... we didn't win the house with our final bid. And we are okay with that. Earlier this week, I described some of the ways in which we try to make big financial decisions that we can live with. Although I wish I had this house as part of our investment portfolio, I wouldn't have wanted it for any more than the final offer we submitted.
I have wondered if the person (or corporation) who did win is comfortable with their decision given the numbers we were looking at for repairs and market value post-repair. I certainly hope so, but I can't help but wonder if they believe they got a really good deal or not.